Friday, August 20, 2010

Update to life 2 days before birthday 54

I think that life entails more than just living it. It entails thinking about what we have done, what we do in the process. We make a lot of decisions day to day .. decisions that effect other people. I think in reflecting on how we are .. we think about these things we have decided to do and whether it was a good thing or not.

For one thing, most things we do at the time seem to be a valid action that was decided upon at the time. Well not always.. obviously things decided upon under great duress or under extreme emotions .. well we know almost from the get go that they were not right.

Sometimes we decide upon reflection of our behavior to change. It is my belief that God does not judge either way .. we judge our selves. God does not inspire guilt .. our own conscious does..

I feel sad at times over the conditions that exist and the outcomes of my behavior towards them. Feeling sad and bad is a great motivator to change. I read once that the two great motivators in how we behave is pain and pleasure and that we will do more to avoid pain than to gain pleasure.

Probably true... anyway .. I am tired now .. if you read this .. it is vague on purpose .. one has to be careful online about what one reveals about ones personal life .. don;t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment